If you can read this, you are just the person we are looking for! Call Tish at 231-747-7273 and start making a difference today/
Volunteers are the heart and soul of Read Muskegon. We wouldn’t be able to provide our services without their dedication and enthusiasm. You don’t have to be a teacher or have a background in literacy to be a tutor, our staff will provide you with all of the training and support that you’ll need.
Please consider volunteering in one of the following ways:
- 1-1 Tutors – You will work one on one with an adult who is struggling to read, helping them to identify and reach real life goals such as obtaining a GED, applying for a job, or reading with their child. 1-1 tutors meet weekly with their learner and we ask that you make a minimum of a one year commitment.
- Event/Workshop Volunteer – Assist our staff with fun events such as family literacy nights, ABC’s of Cooking classes, or the Holiday Literacy Village.
To serve as a volunteer we ask that you meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Good verbal communication skills
- Agree to a criminal background check
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation & Training
- Cultural sensitivity to people of diverse backgrounds